Crispy Potato Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Canola oil
- Finely grate potatoes; drain any liquid. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add egg, onion, flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder; mix well.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/8 in. of oil over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls; press lightly to flatten. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 187 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 627mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Nov 17, 2017
Very good. I additionally added some green onion, parsley and one with sour cream. Don't overcook them; the taste easily changes.
Oct 5, 2014
Tasty and easy.
Feb 3, 2013
i love potato pancakes, the problem is the recipes are so large. this on is just perfect. It cooks up nice and crisp and I don't have to make a ton of pancakes. It's perfect for just two people. It's is good good, I'm going to make it again and again.
Jun 12, 2010
quick and easy. Lots of compliments.