Crispy Christmas Trees
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups pastel miniature marshmallows
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Green decorator's sugar
- Assorted sprinkles, optional
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter. Stir in marshmallows; cook and stir over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in cereal and pecans. Let cool just enough to handle.
- With greased hands, shape into trees. (Work quickly as the cereal hardens quickly and becomes difficult to form.) Roll in green sugar. If desired, decorate with sprinkles. Place on a serving tray; dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 57 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 14, 2011
I made these a week before a party to see if they were something I would bring. They are not. Messy and came out looking like green lumps instead of trees. You have to work very fast, and they kind of fall apart.
Dec 12, 2011
Haven't made these yet, but instead of green sugar, maybe adding green food coloring to marshmallows?They are very cute. The chocolate on the bottom sounds like a good idea.
Sep 14, 2010
I dipped the bottom of the trees in dark chocolate and place them on a very chilled cookie sheet to set up faster for a base.