Total TimePrep/Total: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a shallow bowl, combine cereal, flour and seasonings. Place butter in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in cereal mixture.
- Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking pan. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 184 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 520mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 17, 2018
This was very good. I didn’t have crisp rice cereal so I used rice chex mix otherwise I followed the recipe exact. Easy to make, I coated the chicken and then put it in the refrigerator for about an hour to let the crumbs adhere to the meat. Instead of baking I used my air fryer. It was moist and nice and crispy.
Jan 8, 2015
I was looking for ways to use up leftover crisp rice cereal and this worked. I didn't think the coating stuck to the chicken well enough. If I use this recipe again, or any other like it, I will coat in flour, then butter, then the coating mixture. That's the only way I know to really make coatings stick.
Nov 22, 2013
This was quick and easy to make and it tasted great. I couldn't ask for more! :)
Nov 7, 2012
One of the easiest recipes I've ever made and it was delicious.
Nov 7, 2012
My husband and son just though that this recipe was ok. I asked my family would they like for me to make it again they replied yes it was good.
Jul 7, 2012
No comment left
Mar 27, 2012
So easy and delicious! I used chicken tenders and baked them 35 minutes in a glass pan. The whole family loved them.
Feb 16, 2012
This has become a family favorite. Yummy and quick!
Nov 4, 2011
The Best!!! Had to cook longer.
Jan 7, 2011
I work nights a lot and when I do my husbands idea of cooking dinner is giving my son cereal. So my son loved that I made him rice crispy chicken and I loved when he asked for seconds. I want to try this coating on fish!