Create Your Own Egg Salad
This recipe is a simple take on a classic. It lets you choose your favorites to add to the sandwich.—American Egg Board, Linda Braun, Park Ridge, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3 cups
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs (dill, basil, thyme or tarragon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped or sliced
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice or pasta
- Assorted fresh fruit or fresh vegetables, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the dressing, herbs, salt if desired and pepper. Gently stir in the eggs, rice or pasta, and fruits or vegetables if desired. Cover and chill until serving.
Editor's Note: In place of bottled salad dressing, you can use mayonnaise, sour cream or plain yogurt.