Creamy Zucchini Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in the milk, water, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add zucchini. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Stir in cheese until melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 295 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 840mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Jan 29, 2017
Very good taste. Instead of water though I used chicken broth. The amount it makes is just right for 1 or 2 people with just a little left over.
Jul 21, 2014
I thought this was bland the first time. The second time I added thyme and we liked it better. Good soup though.
Jan 31, 2010
If you're a fan of cheddar broccoli soup, you'll like this one!