Creamy White Chili
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Tortilla chips, optional
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Sliced seeded jalapeno pepper, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the beans, broth, chiles and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. If desired, top with tortilla chips, cheese and jalapenos.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 334 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1045mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 7g fiber), 22g protein.
Jul 12, 2020
This recipe is awesome. Made it iver 10 times now. A big hit with the family!
Jul 5, 2020
Is there cream cheese or no?
Jun 10, 2020
Very delicious and easy to make!!
May 12, 2020
Im making this for dinner tonight, but I'm a little confused, you said it was sooo good because of the cream cheese, but there is no cream cheese in the recipe? Do i need it?
May 4, 2020
This recipe is amazing. I’ve been making it for years. Ignore the rude and ignorant comments from those who have yet to actually make it. If you want spicy feel free to add as much or as little of the cayenne pepper or jalapeños with or without seeds to your liking. That’s the beauty of cooking at home. One tip I will give, if you want an extra creamy texture, add the creams in right away and let simmer until reduced.
Apr 16, 2020
Easy and tasty!
Apr 6, 2020
This is the best white chili I’ve ever had. It is a hit with this family, old and young. I always think I might have some for a few days, but it never lasts that long. He never gets tired of it and neither do I!
Apr 6, 2020
I just don’t understand this recipe. It doesn’t have enough heat. It calls for too much cumin. Garlic powder?? POWDER??? Canned beans? Canola oil? Seeding your jalapeño??? LOL. Wtf!!!
Apr 1, 2020
My absolute favorite chili recipe, it’s so easy and delicious! I added half a can of corn and a little hot sauce to the recipe and it’s amazing!!
Mar 26, 2020
Made this just as the recipie called for and it was delicious! Hubby loves it as well, will be making it again soon!