Creamy Turkey Tetrazzini
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 package (1 pound) linguine
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and cayenne until smooth. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cream.
- Drain linguine; add 2 cups sauce and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Make a well in center of pasta, making a space about 6x4 in.
- To the remaining sauce, add the turkey, mushrooms, pimientos, parsley and pepper sauce; mix well. Pour into center of dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until bubbly and heated through, 20-30 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 540 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Jun 30, 2019
Great recipe, tasty and comforting. Read the reviews and upped the flavor by adding 1/2 teaspoon celery seed and 1(2 teaspoon poultry seasoning to the heating flour mixture. My grandmother always added celery seed and poultry seasoning to chicken so I do to. Creamy, hot, flavorful all in one dish. Makes great take to work lunch and reheats well.
Jan 10, 2018
Wonderful, great flavor! I used a store bought rotisserie chicken vs turkey and I didn't have pimentos. I also sauced the mushrooms in the butter just because I hadn't read recipe good enough at first but I will prob do that again cause I like my mushrooms well done. Also, used more like 1/2 c Parmesan vs 1/3. My husband loved it too. I will definitely be making it again!
Jan 22, 2016
I made this recipe exactly as specified, EXCEPT i only had ground turkey, not cubed. It turned out delicious. The sauce isn't a strong overpowering cheesy flavor, like those processed alfredo type of cream sauces. It is a mild creamy flavor with hints of delicious spices. In culinary class we learn that all ingredients should blend harmoniously together, and I think it did just that. If you like an extra kick, just add a bit more cayenne or hot pepper sauce. I added a bit of extra grated parm to my bowl (because i love cheese) and it was perfect! I will be making this a lot!
Nov 30, 2014
This is the first Taste of Home recipe that hasn't "wowed"--it was ok...just very bland. Nobody wanted seconds, so I was left with leftovers of the leftovers. However, the next day I added some bacon, onion, and bell pepper (along with a pepper spice blend) and ended up with an outstanding dish that was delicious!
Oct 28, 2014
Wonderful, creamy, comforting casserole. None of my children noticed the mushrooms mixed in with the meat. I used whole grain pasta and it was still delicious.
May 30, 2014
this was really good, though I made it with chicken. I also didn't add hot sauce or pimento's since I don't care for them but thought it was very tasty. I've made it a few times already.
Dec 1, 2013
I made a half batch and it was great!! I added some green peppers and onion. With chicken broth and cream, how can you go wrong? Thanks for sharing.
Mar 26, 2012
No comment left
Nov 29, 2011
No comment left
Dec 21, 2010
So simple, yet so delicious! I froze half as it made a huge batch - but I've had constant cravings for this recipe and it's a keeper!