Creamy Turkey Cleanup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the broccoli, carrot and water. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Stir in turkey, soup, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and rice. Microwave, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring twice.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 373 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 983mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Mar 31, 2020
Pretty decent use for leftover turkey. I subbed 3/4 c. long grain white rice cooked in 1 1/2 c. water for the instant rice which I didn't have. Like char04 I just cooked everything in a large saucepan. Cook carrots and broccoli, place in colander to drain, add soup (used cream of chicken) to pan and add turkey, milk and cheese, heat, then add veggies and rice ( 1/3 c. grated cheese) and stir together until heated through.
Dec 27, 2013
I didn't use the microwave. Instead I cooked everything on the stove in one pan.
Jan 12, 2009
This recipe was tasty and very quick and easy to make.