Creamy Tomato Tortellini with Sausage
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir sausage over medium-high heat 4-5 minutes or until browned. Add tomatoes and spinach; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Drain tortellini; add to sausage mixture. Toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 298 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 824mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 10, 2020
Looks delish! I will leave out the sausage.
Mar 8, 2019
Oh my goodness, so easy, so good.
Mar 4, 2017
This was sooooo great!! Quick and very tasty! Loved it. I will make this again, especially when I'm short on time!
Jan 20, 2017
This is a favorite recipe of mine. I like to substitute low-fat greek yogurt for the cream cheese to save a few calories!
Oct 30, 2016
This was so simple and easy. I did use full fat cream cheese, because I already had that on hand and I did sprinkle parmesan over the top, when I served it. Delicious.
Oct 21, 2016
Simple to assemble on a busy work night. Any type of chicken sausage would work. I topped with a bit of crushed red pepper for some spice.
Feb 21, 2016
Quick and easy! Instead of frozen tortellini, we used the bag stuff, which was only 12 oz. We liked a lot of sauce so did the full amount of sauce. I didn't do all the sausage though because it seemed like too much. Hubby and I loved it! Next time I will add more onion and garlic and maybe mix in some shredded parmesan!
Nov 6, 2015
This was good, but needed a little sonethin' somethin'. I added a few shakes of Jane's Krazy Salt seasoning, but it needed something else. Next time I'll add more sausage, and some fresh garlic. Also, maybe some Better 'n Boullion will do the trick. Just maybe 1/2 a teaspoon or so. I'll make it again, but needs a bit of tweaking to make it awesome. Enjoyed the recipe, though.
Sep 15, 2015
This was so easy to make and very tasty. Loved it!
Sep 10, 2015
Tried this not very tasty - rather boring. I won't try this again.