Creamy Sprouts N Noodles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, quartered
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 3 cups medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- Place the brussels sprouts and a small amount of water in a saucepan; cover and cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions in 2 tablespoons butter until golden brown. Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream, cottage cheese, garlic, paprika, salt and caraway.
- Drain sprouts; add to onion mixture with noodles. Spread into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 250 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Aug 21, 2010
i thought this sounded so good i like both of the ingredients but not together at all very bad dish and i like alot of foods
Dec 28, 2009
nothing special - wouldn't bother with this one again
Dec 18, 2009
I love this! I made it every winter for a few years, and then lost track of the recipe after moving a couple of times. I'm SO happy to find it again!!
Nov 1, 2008
No comment left