Creamy Ranchified Potatoes
My daughter-in-law gave me this recipe, and over the years I have tweaked it to our tastes. It's so nice to come home from work to a hot, tasty potato dish that's ready to serve! You can use any cheese you'd like and also any leftover meats that you have—chicken, for one. —Jane Whittaker, Pensacola, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces pepper jack cheese, grated
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 7 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until potatoes are tender, 6-8 hours. Top with cheese; stir to combine.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 297 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 933mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Apr 24, 2019
Delicious, creamy goodness! I didn’t have cream cheese so I substituted sour cream and it turned out great. I also added fresh dill. The flavors mixed with our leftover ham made it a keeper!