Creamy Orange Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Maraschino cherry, fresh mint stem and mandarin oranges, optional
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually blend in the hot gelatin mixture, beating on low speed until smooth. Stir in milk; fold in whipped topping.
- Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. If desired, garnish with a flower made of cherry, mint and oranges.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 272 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 17, 2019
This has been my go-to recipe for years. Light and refreshing.
Jul 30, 2017
While the flower turned out really cute, I was not impressed with the taste of this dessert. It was much too sweet.
Sep 22, 2014
This came out well, but I really did not enjoy the flavor. I expected something that tasted more fruity and refreshing, but this tasted so sickeningly sweet that I could not enjoy it very much. It was too creamy for my taste. I think it might taste better with mandarin oranges mixed in just to give it some real fruit flavor, but I do not think that I will be repeating this recipe.
Mar 28, 2014
This recipe was awesome, when I made it everyone loved it !!! I used whip cream instead of cool whip . It worked the same as cool whip
Jan 15, 2014
This is always a big hit in our family. Yummy!
Oct 11, 2011
No comment left
May 17, 2011
we love take it camping, and bbqs. I also add the mandarin oranges.
Dec 23, 2009
I also added mandarin oranges, pineapple and a dash of vanilla to it. you can also make a layer or vanilla pudding and whipped topping and then layer the orange to make a dessert. its great no matter how you make it!!
Jul 7, 2009
I made this jello salad, only I put it in a 13-9-2 glass dish. Then when it was set up. I made more orange jello to put over the top of it, so the dish did not look so empty. I took it to my meeting and they loved it. you could even put more whipped topping over the orange jello! Claudine Dunlap, Beech Creek, Pa.
Jul 4, 2009
No comment left