Creamy Mint Carrots
I grow a lot of mint, so I'm always looking for creative way to cook with it. This delicious recipe is my son's favorite way to eat carrots.—Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 2 to 3 teaspoons dried mint
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place carrots in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring cream to a boil. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour over carrots.