Creamy Italian Spiral Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makes30 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) multicolored spiral pasta
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 bottles (16 ounces each) creamy Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, broccoli, cauliflower, peas and carrots, tomatoes, cheese, onions, green pepper and olives. Add the dressing; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until chilled.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 147 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 9, 2019
The colorfulness of the recipe grabbed my attention. First, I pretty much halved the ingredients since I was making it for my family and not a crowd. I mainly used it as a guide substituting veggies I had on hand or one that was objectionable to one. I added a brick of swiss cheese cubed to it for additional flavor and protein. It was a hit.
Jun 24, 2018
I made this as one of our sides for Father’s Day dinner. It really does make a ton and filled two large bowls. It got mixed reviews and I believe it was the dressing. Most people seemed to prefer a traditional Italian over the creamy style.
Mar 22, 2011
I had so many compliments when I made this salad for a party! I would for sure make it again.
Oct 11, 2009
I made this recipe and sent some to friends,neighbors, and family to sample. Everyone wanted the recipe and asked how soon was I going to make this again!!!
Jul 8, 2007
No comment left
Jul 25, 2006
No comment left