Creamy Frozen Fruit Cups
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Halve 9 cherries; chop the remaining cherries. Set aside halved cherries and 18 orange segments for garnish. Add the pineapple, pecans and chopped cherries to cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping and remaining oranges.
- Line muffin cups with paper or foil liners. Spoon fruit mixture into cups; garnish with reserved cherries and oranges. Freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Top with mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 161 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 10, 2018
These were super easy to put together. I did forget the cherries but they still turned out terrific. An easy dish to have the kids help with as well. It would make a great summer dessert.
Aug 20, 2015
These were a hit for a summertime bridal shower. They're so pretty and refreshing, gluten-free, and easy to make ahead. I used the lower-fat cream cheese and the lower-sugar Cool Whip and they tasted fantastic. Save the leftover juice and any remaining fruit to make into smoothies. Yum on all counts!
Jan 3, 2014
A friend from work has prepared this several times for our ladies' Christmas luncheon --- always a hit! This past season she spooned the mixture into a short-sided casserole pan, froze it till firm, and then served it up with an ice cream scoop after letting it stand at room temp for the recommended time. Super easy and way less prep on her part!
Aug 9, 2013
No comment left
Apr 15, 2012
Wonderful, light, summer treat. Easy for make-ahead meals.
Apr 13, 2012
Awesome, not overly sweet, only made 14 for me. me
Nov 1, 2011
Easy to make and very delicious. Great to put in the freezer for later.
Aug 13, 2011
absolutely love them. Not too sweet, but creamy and perfect
Aug 5, 2011
These fruit cups are great for summer picnics. Everyone asks for the recipe.
Aug 4, 2010
These are wonderful to have on a hot summer day, very refreshing. I have also made these for people that are under the weather and they enjoyed them as well.