Creamy Egg Salad Sandwiches
My family looks forward to these sandwiches year-round. But I reach for this recipe most often after Easter, when I have lots of leftover hard-cooked eggs.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 8 slices rye bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients until smooth. Stir in eggs. Chill for 1 hour.
- Spread 1/2 cup onto four slices of bread. Cover with remaining bread.