Creamy Curried Turkey
A subtle hint of curry and a snappy crunch from apple and celery make this a fun variation on the classic creamed turkey. "This is so popular at our house, I've occasionally cook a turkey just to have leftovers to make it," shares Maureen Dufraimont of Guelph, Ontario. "Spooned over biscuits, it's a nice light lunch, supper or potluck dish."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 5 toasted reduced-fat biscuits, split
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, apple, celery and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey and peas; heat through. Serve with biscuits.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 416 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 1220mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.