Creamy Coconut Snowballs
My grandmother made these cheesecake-like bites for years. They store nicely in the refrigerator so you can keep them on hand for drop-in holiday guests.—Yvonne Schaney, Alliance, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, softened and divided
- 1-3/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Line a 9x5-in. loaf pan with foil. Grease foil with 1/2 teaspoon butter; set aside. Pulse 3/4 cup coconut in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add cream cheese and remaining butter; pulse until blended. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; pulse until blended. Press into prepared pan. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours.
- Microwave candy coating and shortening until melted; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Using foil, lift coconut mixture out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut into 36 pieces. Taking a few pieces at a time, roll each into a ball; keep remaining pieces refrigerated.
- Using a toothpick, dip balls one at a time in melted coating mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Roll in remaining coconut; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 144 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.