Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2/3 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, potato, corn, garlic, marjoram, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add the chicken; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 317 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 926mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Feb 20, 2018
Really good! Quick and easy. Used a Light shredded Mexican-blend cheese. Going to add chopped canned green chilies and/or chopped red bell peppers next time.
Dec 8, 2015
Doubled this recipe and it made 5 servings :) Really creamy and tasty, the herbs were perfect for this soup. I didn't have Velveeta so used shredded cheddar and gouda and it worked fine.
Jan 8, 2014
Made this for dinner tonight - delicious!!!!!! Adding this to my recipe collection for sure!
Oct 13, 2012
Amazing recipe and so easy! Perfect for that left over chicken! Great choice of herbs, too!
Jul 7, 2010
This was excellent!!!! I used a little to much pepper but my daughter even loved it(with a big glass of milk)! Thanks so much for the great recipe! Will make over and over and over again! It is quick and easy!!