Creamy Chicken and Carrots
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound fresh baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place chicken in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Top with carrots, soup and mushrooms. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 320 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 713mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Aug 9, 2020
I fell in love with this crockpot recipe years ago. The only reason I'm giving it a 4 is due to it not being my husband's favorite. He never has a good reason and won't refuse to eat it, though. The chicken is always tender. It's easy and tasty and perfect for leftovers for lunch.
Mar 21, 2014
This was an easy meal and my husband and I both really liked this. Very easy to prepare. I garnished it with sliced green onions before serving over rice. I will add this to my regular recipe rotation. Thank You
Dec 4, 2012
Quick, easy, flavorful. I have experimented with adding all/some broccoli, cauliflower, and winter squash. This has become one of my staple recipies
Aug 21, 2012
It was very quick and easy to throw in the crockpot when I got home from work at 12:45. Dinner was ready at 5. I used broccoli instead of the carrots.
Oct 30, 2010
Another great recipe I've had cooking while we were on the road in our RV.
Jul 15, 2009
This was great! I stirred in some poultry seasoning for added flavor. I'll definitely make this again.