Creamy Beef Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 18 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, onion, sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and milk until smooth.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer a fourth of the meat sauce, six noodles and a third of cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 403 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 795mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Jul 2, 2017
This lasagna turned out wonderful!! We loved it!!
Jan 24, 2016
This is really good, I've made it many times. It's nice to make when I want lasagna but don't have ricotta or mozzarella cheese. Not sure about the "nastiest thing I ever put in my mouth" comment, to each their own I guess.
Nov 15, 2013
This is the NASTIEST thing i ever put in my mouth.! It cost me $15.00 to make.! I really wish I could get my money back.! Don't you people try these recipes before you put them on the site or in the magazine.? Disgusted.....! DO NOT MAKE THIS ONE.!
Nov 18, 2012
No comment left
Apr 30, 2012
I have made this recipe many many times and its one of our favorite lasagnas! I love using it because it is so easy to throw together and the cream cheese instead of ricotta is a nice twist and make it sooo creamy! I do at times add extra seasonings to the meat mixture and cheese mixture. I normally half the recipe for just the two of us. When I make the full recipe I add only 1 lb of meat, its plenty. I also like my lasagnas very saucy, so I add in a can of diced tomatoes with the tomato sauce. This is so easy to cut calories by using ground turkey, reduced fat cream cheese, fat free sour cream and skim milk, and it still tastes like the full fat version! Excellent recipe!
Apr 8, 2012
I have been making this for MANY years! It is an absolute favorite in our home. :)
Mar 26, 2012
I increased the hamberger meat to 3lbs, but still fell short while layering. There just wasn't enough to spread around. I also increased the cream cheese to 3 (8 oz) pkg's, but didn't increase the sour cream or milk. Our servings were totally unappealing, as it looked like a bowl of mush.
Aug 27, 2011
This is the Best Lasagna Ever!! It is very creamy and delicious! Always a special request from family! Highly Recommended!
Aug 9, 2011
Soooooo good. I didn't change anything except I laid the lasagna noodles the right away-3 to a layer so I used 9. I think we would feel like it is too much pasta using 18. Will make again, I can't get enough of this!
May 9, 2011
Terriffic I use ground venison