"This snappy crab sauce is so delicious over steamed rice that your guests will never guess it's good for them," remarks Emily Chaney of Penobscot, Maine. "Complete the meal with green beans, a tossed salad and fruit for dessert," she recommends.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/2 ounce) butter-flavored granules
- 2-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 2 cups imitation crabmeat
- 2 hard-boiled large egg whites, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, combine flour and butter-flavored granules. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thicken and bubbly.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, hot pepper sauce and pepper until smooth. Stir in crab and cooked egg whites; heat through. Serve with rice.