Cream Puff Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chocolate ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- In a large saucepan, bring the water and butter to a boil over medium heat. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese, milk and pudding mix in a large bowl until smooth. Spread over puff; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Spread with whipped topping; refrigerate until serving. Drizzle with the chocolate and caramel toppings; sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 381 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Apr 22, 2020
Delicious, but I wouldn't use whipped topping. There's no dairy in it, just oil. I whip heavy cream, it only takes a minute, and is so much better. Great recipe! Everyone loves it.
Dec 23, 2015
This is one of my family's favorite dessert. It is requested at every Christmas and family pot luck. I always take copies of the recipe with me because it is always requested. To prevent the lumps with the cream cheese, I make sure it is really soft and I beat it with a little milk before I add the rest of the ingredients.. I have used several flavors of pudding mix but chocolate is my families favorite!!!
Jan 25, 2014
I have made this cake numerous times but I use sugar free pudding, cool whip and chocolate sauce. You can't tell the difference.
Jul 6, 2013
I make this with vanilla pudding. I found out if you whip the cream cheese - then add about 1/4 cup of milk to get it really soft - it blends in better with the pudding - no lumps
May 24, 2013
Made last night. It was great.
Mar 26, 2013
No comment left
Feb 2, 2013
No comment left
May 20, 2012
I bake alot and this recipe is one of the best for summer. Easy. Sometimes I use 1 cup of whipping cream in place of 1 cup of milk, just to make it creamy and richer. I also use walnuts instead of almonds.
Apr 3, 2012
An excellent recipe. I love it!
Jan 12, 2012
This recipe is awesome. It looks great & taste yummy. It always is the first dessert to go.