Cream Cheese Potato Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
Makes12 servings (about 3 quarts)
- 6 cups water
- 7 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- In a Dutch oven, combine the water and bouillon. Add cream cheese; cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 18-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 158 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 779mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 29, 2019
I Love this soup recipe. It's the best I've ever had!!! I read someone else had put cheddar cheese on top of the soup. I'll be trying that.
Oct 31, 2019
Great soup! Love the creamy texture! I added some carrots too!
Feb 9, 2016
Very tasty and creamy! I served mine with cheddar cheese on top. I will definitely be making this again!
Feb 21, 2015
We recently had this at a friend's house and LOVED it. I watched how she made it and she told me where she got the recipe. This may well have become my new favorite go to potato soup, and I'm not even a cream cheese lover!! I will be fixing this for myself as soon as I get to pick up the ingredients I don't have. A definite keeper!
Jan 7, 2015
I just made this for Church tonight and I can not believe how awesome it is. The only thing I changed was to use bacon instead of ham. I am sure it would be great with ham also. LOVE it with bacon! So easy. So GOOD!
Feb 8, 2014
Followed this recipe to the T. A big hit! This will be my go-to potato soup recipe from now on!
Dec 16, 2013
This is hands down the best potato recipe ever. My husband forbids me to make any other kind, even his mother's!! We like to crumble Ritz crackers in ours for a thickener and an extra zing.
Feb 9, 2013
No comment left
Jan 25, 2013
This just replaced my favorite potato soup recipe. My whole family loved it.
Jan 21, 2013
No comment left