Crazy Crust Pizza
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain and set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, eggs and milk; beat until smooth. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-in. or 14-in. pizza pan. Spoon beef, onion and mushrooms over batter.
- Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven. Top with pizza sauce and top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and bake 10-15 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 363 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Apr 13, 2019
This was gross. I made it exactly as in recipe. My husband refused to eat the leftovers and when I tried to eat them, I threw them out, and I rarely throw food away. I will not make again. Sorry
Apr 10, 2010
I've made this many times, and like it better with fresh mushrooms, sliced peppers and onions, and often substitute sausage for the beef. One tip, if doubliing the recipe for two pizzas, use only 3 eggs or crust will be a little soggy.
Feb 2, 2010
This was very good - an excellent substitute if you don't have yeast or time to mix up dough for crust. I used a 13x9 pan since I don't have a pizza pan. Since we like crust, I will make double the amount next time. The crust is very thin otherwise.