Cranberry Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup cranberry or apple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Whisk together first four ingredients. Place pork chops in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with cranberry mixture. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 4-5 hours.
- Remove chops; keep warm. Strain cooking juices and transfer to a small saucepan. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper. Serve with chops.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 472 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Aug 15, 2020
Jan 6, 2019
This is fantastic! I make this regularly and recently I didn't have cranberry or apple juice. So I used grape juice and it was the best yet.
Dec 16, 2016
We really liked this but felt it could have been a bit better. I'd really like to find a vegetable to put into this to make it more complete meal. The sauce was good! I actually used the leftover sauce in another dish (browned chicken in a pan, then poured the sauce over top with dried cranberries and baked it). I'd make this again, but would probably tweak it a bit!
Nov 9, 2016
This recipe is ridiculously good! My husband who is not even a fan a cranberry sauce, but knows enough to say okay, sure I'll try any new recipe you want especially if it's TOH! OMG! As you all know when you constantly create and test recipes, you become choosey about what makes the cut to your actual repertoire. This my friends is a keeper, especially considering it's a slow cooker which we are always looking for more of! We used a little less sugar and felt it was thick enough to omit the corn starch part.
Oct 25, 2016
We did not care for this dish at all. The pork chops were dry and the sauce/gravy had a vinegar-y taste. Very unusual for this site!
Oct 11, 2016
Loved the flavor of this dish!! Super easy recipe that tastes like it took all day!
Mar 26, 2015
Easy and tasty. I substituted whole cranberry sauce for the jellied. Great for busy week nights. I served it with mashed potatoes. Yummy!
Sep 24, 2014
Used bone-in chicken breasts .Omitted the sugar and used honey mustard instead.Fantastic over orange rice!
Jan 9, 2014
Very tasty and meat super tender! Company loved it! Will definitely repeat!
Sep 18, 2013
used boneless chops(marinated in cider vinegar),2 sweet potatoes (sliced in lg. slices-put on bottom of crock, and did not add sugar---it was delicious!!This is a real keeper!