Cranberry Pecan Tassies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes or until firm enough to shape.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place in greased mini-muffin cups. Press evenly onto bottoms and up sides of cups.
- In a small bowl, beat egg, brown sugar, melted butter and orange zest until blended. Stir in pecans. Spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons filling into each cup; top with cranberries.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is set. Cool in pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 tassie: 113 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 14, 2017
I've been making Tassies for years. Adding the cranberries and orange peel takes them to a new level of delicious! Thanks for sharing.
Dec 26, 2013
Easy to make and very refreshing with the cranberry and bit of orange. took them to work and everyone loved them.
Dec 23, 2013
These are really delicious. I made them ahead for give-away Christmas treats and froze them. It worked out really well. My husband loves them and everyone I shared them with did too. This is definitely a keeper/repeat recipe. Can't wait to make them again.