Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 unpeeled navel orange
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 unpeeled medium red apple
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1-1/3 cups boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Slice the orange into eighths; finely chop in a food processor. Add cranberries and process until chopped. Slice apple into eighths; add to orange mixture and process until chopped. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in pineapple and orange mixture. Chill for at least 4 hours. Just before serving, stir in nuts.
Dec 1, 2018
A festive and delicious seasonal relish! Comes together quickly, which is a great bonus at this busy time of year. The flavor is light and refreshing. It's great with turkey for Thanksgiving and even with beef at Christmas. It would also pair well with roasted chicken. I did add about 2 T. of sugar out of personal taste, but with the jello, it may not be needed. The bit of extra sugar did not make it too sweet. This will now be a yearly item on my Thanksgiving Day menu.
Nov 25, 2008
No comment left