Cranberry/Orange Molded Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground cloves
- 2 cups diced orange sections
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberry sauce, cinnamon and cloves. Chill until partially set. Add the orange sections. Pour into an oiled 6-cup mold. Chill until set, about 3 hours. Unmold; serve on a lettuce-lined platter if desired.
Nov 27, 2009
I have been making this for years. I substitute two (3-oz.) pkgs. cranberry Jell-o for the raspberry. If you mix the spices with the Jell-o powder before adding the boiling water, they will not "float" to the top. I also sub out a can of drained mandarin oranges for the orange segments - cleaner and neater.