Cranberry Oat Bread
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add cranberries.
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 92 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 6, 2017
This is the best bread ever!. I made it for all holidays for years and then I didn't use it for a while. This year my daughter wants it on the menu & I have misplaced my recipe. So greatful to have found it here! A family treasure!
Aug 22, 2015
This is just the best. Wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for the great recipe.
Jan 27, 2013
Really liked this bread - nicely moist and great flavor. I also put the cranberries in at the beginning and it worked wonderfully.
Jan 17, 2013
No comment left
Jul 3, 2012
Gently sweet. Great soft texture and the cinnamon adds just the right amount of spice.
Mar 29, 2012
Best bread machine fruit bread recipe I've tried so far. Perfect level of flavor and sweetness. I will make this again soon.
Nov 8, 2011
We all loved this bread! I did omit the cinnamon for personal preference.
Jan 8, 2011
I have had to make this bread every day since I found this recipe because my kids devour it!I did make a few modifications...My kids do not like the cranberries & I did not have raisins, so I omitted them - so it's basically a cinnamon bread - love it!The second time I made it I ran out of honey, so I used Agave syrup - even better!
Dec 17, 2010
Excellent recipe. The cranberries and cinnamon add wonderful flavors to this bread. Great accent to an evening meal or breakfast. Leftovers are great toasted!
Dec 3, 2010
I make this bread over and over. We never get tired of it. It is delicious and so easy. Sometimes I make it with the dried cranberries, other times with raisins. The only thing I do differently is to add the dried fruit along with all of the other ingredients. It chops them up a bit, but that is fine with us as it spreads their flavor throughout the loaf.