Cranberry Nut Stuffing
This recipe is perfect for your Thanksgiving get-together. The cranberries really make it different from other stuffing. You will be asked for the recipe from all of your guests!—Judy Toth, Hyde Park, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 cups cubed crustless day-old bread
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or hazelnuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in bread cubes, nuts, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Add cranberries; toss lightly to mix.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, broth and brown sugar; pour over bread mixture. Mix lightly until bread is moistened. Place in a greased 2-qt. casserole.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more. Serve with leftover turkey.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 286 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Nov 27, 2014
Great new way to make an old favorite.Perfect for vegetarians, bakes in oven no turkeyNeeded to stuff in. Vegans no eggs use vegetable broth instead of chic broth.
Oct 8, 2007
No comment left