Cranberry Nut Bars
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 91 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 28, 2013
wonderful texture ! even for the not so fond of cranberries people !
Jul 23, 2013
This is great. I had 1/2cup chopped cranberries left so I just tossed them in. Really nice. I had to bake it anothr 15 min, oven differences, but it turned out great. I think it would make a good muffin too.
Jan 12, 2007
No comment left