This cranberry muffin recipe was handed down to me from my Swedish mother and grandmother, who liked using cardamom in almost anything! You'll enjoy the light cake-like texture.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cardamom. Add cranberries; stir to coat. In a small bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, butter and vanilla; mix well. Add to cranberry mixture; stir just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 15-10 minutes or until muffins test done. Remove from pans; serve warm.