Cranberry-Apple Walnut Crisp
The first time I baked this bubbly, golden brown apple crisp, I knew it was a winner. Cranberry sauce adds the perfect amount of tartness to every spoonful. —Kara Cook, Elk Ridge, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 7 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; stir in cranberry sauce. Add apples; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 198 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 22, 2018
This is outstanding and I'd give it 10 Stars if I could. I do add extra walnuts to the recipe but otherwise love it just the way it is. For my tastes it is much better than pie and a bit healthier so I can eat more of it :-)