Crackled Cranberry Pecan Cookies
Cranberries, orange and nuts make one of my favorite flavor combinations, and this special drop cookie fits in particularly well at holiday potlucks. For a fruitcake-type cookie, use a mixture of dried fruits and substitute rum flavoring for half the vanilla. —Deborah Biggs, Omaha, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Pour boiling water and orange juice over cranberries in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, orange zest and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pecans and cranberries.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until until edges begin to brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 139 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.