Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked ham or cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (26 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3 cups frozen sliced carrots, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in the ham, hash browns and carrots if desired. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 429 calories, 25g fat (5g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 576mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Apr 6, 2020
Let me tell you how we fixed this recipe to make it the BEST casserole ever! I originally got this recipe out of one of the Taste of Home hardback cookbooks when all 5 of my kids were at home. The first time I made it I didn't have some of the ingredients, so I improvised and it was actually better than when I finally followed the recipe exactly! We used cooked chicken (whatever I happen to have), pre-cook fresh carrots until they are ready to eat but NOT soft, I use pre-baked tater tots (they are at the almost done point) and I put them in a single layer on the top. I have never served this when everyone didn't LOVE it!! Even my picky eldest, who won't eat sauces or condiments, love this casserole. It is more work serving it this way, but you will not regret it.
Oct 16, 2013
We first made this as is and loved it, we then decided to make it again and we used fresh instead of the frozen stuff. Let me tell you the taste will knock your socks off. We all liked this dish very much and we have made it several time already, both for us and for friends.
Oct 2, 2013
Forget the carrots. They over power the dish and get mushy.
Dec 30, 2010
No comment left
Oct 30, 2010
Simple and tasty dinner.
Oct 24, 2010
I didn't think this would taste as good as it sounds or looks, but it is amazing!!! I used fully cooked seasoned cubed chicken instead of ham. Delicious!!!
Nov 27, 2009
My husband loves this dish! He requests it at least once a month. I cook fresh carrots because we like them a bit firmer than the canned ones.
Oct 17, 2006
No comment left