Country Sausage Gravy
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes4-6 servings (3-1/2 cups gravy)
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- Warm biscuits
- In a heavy skillet, brown and crumble sausage over medium heat until fully cooked. Drain and set aside. In the same skillet, combine soup and milk. Add mustard, seasoned salt and pepper; bring to a boil. reduce heat. Add sausage and sour cream. Simmer until heated through (do not boil). Serve over warm biscuits.
Jun 9, 2019
great stuff! I used cream of mushroom soup as well because that is what I had on hand and sliced a precooked sausage. It was a huge hit, thank you!
Jun 11, 2016
My wife and I absolutely LOVE this recipe!! I subbed out the CoC with cream of mushroom, the CoC was a little too salty for us. Otherwise an incredible recipe! Kudos!
Dec 8, 2010
Although this recipe is quick and made from ingredients that you probably already have in your home, it tastes like an expensive treat. I've made it many times for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Jul 19, 2007
No comment left