Country Pineapple Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 10 slices day-old white bread, cubed
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in pineapple and lemon juice. Fold in bread cubes.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 248 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 1, 2020
This is so delicious! I made it as a side dish to ham and it complemented it perfectly! A keeper, for sure!
Jan 22, 2020
Love this dish. Always serve when I have ham on the menu. Can this be made day before and baked next day?
Mar 29, 2018
Has anyone ever put crushed walnuts in their stuffing? Making this for the first and thought walnuts would be a good addition. Any thoughts or previous failures?
Oct 5, 2017
My whole family loves this casserole! It is so much easier to make than the pineapple casserole I'd been making for almost 30 years!
Mar 27, 2016
Made it for Easter and everyone raved about it and wanted the recipe. It took almost an hour to bake but was so easy to make. I used sliced Italian bread.
Apr 19, 2014
This is a delicious casserole to accompany Easter ham dinner. I made one change, I use pineapple chunks instead of crushed pineapple. Everyone loves it.
Nov 27, 2013
This replaced my old pineapple stuffing recipe, family loved it.
Jun 3, 2013
So simple to make, yet it's flavor is sooo awesome! We have this every holiday and it is absolutely delicious. Not too sweet and goes splendidly with baked ham, roast turkey, Roast beef, etc. You could stuff a turkey with this or make it as shown as a separate casserole. This recipe took everyone in our family by surprise. If you enjoy stuffing-type dishes, you should love this one.
Mar 30, 2013
No comment left
Mar 29, 2013
No comment left