Country Beef Brisket
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Bake: 4 hours + chilling
- 1 fresh beef brisket (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), trimmed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- SEASONED BROTH:
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- Place brisket in a shallow pan. Combine the soy sauce, broth, lemon juice and garlic powder; pour over meat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain meat, reserving 1 cup marinade. Refrigerate reserved marinade. Place meat in a shallow baking pan; sprinkle with paprika. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 325° for 3 hours or until meat is tender. Cool and refrigerate meat; discard cooking juices.
- When thoroughly chilled, slice meat and return to the baking pan. Combine seasoned broth ingredients and reserved marinade in a saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes; pour over meat. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour or until heat through.
Nov 16, 2014
I have been looking for brisket recipes for a couple of years and this is the best that I have found! I love it so much that I saved it to my recipe box and I can pull it up any time!
Mar 21, 2011
For a bit of advice inject the brisket with some of the marinade it makes the brisket more tender and enhances the flavor.
Jun 15, 2010
The Brisket was a little tough. But very flavorful. I would make this again.
Mar 27, 2007
No comment left