Cornbread Dressing with Oysters
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 8 to 10 cups coarsely crumbled cornbread
- 2 slices white bread, toasted and torn into small pieces
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pint shucked oysters, drained and chopped, or 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole oysters, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 5 to 6 cups turkey or chicken broth
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in enough broth to make the mixture very wet. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish or shallow 3-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 171 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 753mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 3, 2010
Forgot to add that I increased the poultry seasoning to 1.5 tsp.
Dec 24, 2009
This recipe is very oyster tasting so next time I make it I will use less oysters. I will also add more poultry seasoning. My husband loves the strong oyster flavor but the typical guest may not. It is very moist.