Corn Bread Pork Casserole
Rich, creamy mushroom stuffing inside moist chops makes this dish special enough to serve company. “Although the recipe serves just two, it can easily be doubled or tripled,” notes LaDonna Reed, a field editor from Ponca City, Oklahoma.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup crushed cornbread stuffing
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork chops on both sides; set aside. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender. Transfer mushrooms to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Stir in the sour cream, cheese, garlic and pepper; pour over mushrooms. Top with pork chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with stuffing. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 363 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
May 11, 2010
I would use cornstarch in the gravy as I could taste the flour. But otherwise good and moist.
Oct 26, 2008
This recipe was very easy to prepare; it tasted like you were eating out. Not just your plain pork chops.