Corn and Bean Soup
"For lunch or dinner on a chilly day, this fresh-tasting colorful vegetable soup really hits the spot," comments Betty Andrzejewski of Chino, California.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 small potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, carrots, celery, potato and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; simmer 5-7 minutes longer or until corn is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 185 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Dec 16, 2014
Bleh! The thyme was very overpowering. My husband who is the least picky eater on the face of the earth didn't even want to finish it, so I heated up an emergency can of soup from the pantry.