Cordon Bleu Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4 thin slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut a pocket in each chop. Combine the next 10 ingredients. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container. Add pork and turn to coat. Seal bag or cover container; refrigerate overnight, turning meat occasionally.
- Place a cheese slice on each slice of ham; roll up jelly-roll style. Drain pork and discard marinade in bag. Insert a ham/cheese roll in each pocket; secure with soaked toothpicks.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat, for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Discard toothpicks.
Jan 30, 2013
No comment left
Dec 3, 2011
Although I butchered the recipe (didn't have all the ingridents like I thought... It was great. I used pork steaks instead of chops (will use chops next time) and I didn't have the dried onion so I used fresh onion instead. Everyone loved them though. BIG HIT!!!!
Jul 10, 2011
These chops are THE BEST!! My family gave these rave reviews and told me that this recipe is a "keeper"!
May 18, 2010
Wow! These were fantastic. I served these for Sunday dinner and everyone raved about them. The marinade is wonderful. Just make sure that your pork chops are thin enough that they can grill evenly and thoroughly.
Jan 12, 2009
No comment left