Contest-Winning Taco Soup
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Tortilla chips, optional
- In a large Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the next 11 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Garnish with cheese and serve with chips if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 302 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 1746mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 24g protein.
Feb 14, 2016
Sep 21, 2014
This was fabulous. I left out the Lima beans only because my husband is not a fan. I did throw all in crock pot on high for four hours. I served with pumpkin corn bread from Trader Joes.
Sep 7, 2011
This soup is delicious! After only serving it once, family members were requesting it! very easy too!
Mar 7, 2011
I love this soup. It is hearty, satisfying, and quick. I used all pinto beans and whole kernal corn. So good with cornbread!
Oct 29, 2009
This is sooo delicious with a dollop of sour cream. Instead of lima beans, I use 2 cans of kidney beans.
Aug 26, 2008
No comment left