Contest-Winning Chicken Fajitas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 small yellow summer squash, julienned
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 12 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; divide the mixture between two large resealable plastic bags. Add chicken to one and vegetables to the other; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours, turning bags occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken and vegetables. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken for 6-7 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Remove chicken and keep warm. In the same skillet. Saute vegetables for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Spoon chicken and vegetables onto tortillas; fold in sides. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 299 calories, 10g fat (0 saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Apr 20, 2020
We found that the chicken was much too acidic. I would cut the lime juice to just a few tablespoons, at most. I found a different recipe on TOH, though, that I think might suit our tastes better.
Aug 15, 2017
Did not follow the veggies exactly as written because I did not have any squash or zucchini on hand. I used one of each: green, red, yellow and orange pepper and 2 medium onions. All was very good!
Jul 17, 2016
Very flavorful!!! I cut the recipe in half since there are only two of us. The lime and the cumin really make this recipe. I added an extra squeeze of lime juice to the vegetables before serving.
May 9, 2016
Served this for Cinco de Mayo this year. It was a hit! Loved it! Thanks for sharing!
Jun 6, 2013
We love this recipe!
Jun 5, 2013
We love this recipe so so yummy!
Dec 26, 2012
Too much lime juice
Feb 20, 2011
No comment left