Confetti Salmon Steaks
In Decatur, Alabama, Mary Kay Dixson relies on her microwave to cook this tender fish in a jiffy. With its sprinkling of bright peppers, the mildly seasoned dish makes a pretty entree for two.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- Place the salmon in an ungreased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Rub with Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and salt if desired. Sprinkle peppers on top.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5-1/2 to 6 minutes, turning once, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.