Confetti Green Beans
The vegetables in the green bean side dish make a colorful presentation that's a nice alternative to lettuce. To dress up the beans, use small tomato wedges. For a touch of crunch, sprinkle some buttered and browned bread crumbs on top.—Heidi Doudna, Fairbanks, Alaska
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.