Colorful Vegetable Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 6 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, onion and olives. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing mix, oil and vinegar; shake well. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 94 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jan 21, 2020
Simple to combine and dressing was unique. I was happy to find a Broccoli salad without a mayo based dressing.
Jun 25, 2017
Apr 17, 2017
Made this for Easter as I was asked to bring a salad. Everyone loved it! We all agreed that you could use most any combination of vegetables. They ate it all! Came home and made another small batch for myself!
Jan 1, 2017
The colors of this salad were beautiful, especially when served at Christmas time, but the flavor was delicious. Quick and easy to make. Love this recipe!
Dec 2, 2015
This was wonderful! I made it to take to a Thanksgiving dinner because I wanted something a little lighter than all the heavy casseroles. It disappeared! Added yellow pepper and used white wine vinegar.
Oct 19, 2013
I have added red, yellow, green and orange peppers as well as red cabbage to this and everyone loves it. They just add more color and flavor. Still excellent with or without my additions. You can't go wrong with this wonderful salad.
Dec 16, 2012
Very easy recipe to make and very tasty. We let the veggies marinate for 2.5 hours instead of 3 hours as recommended and it was still good.
Jun 3, 2012
My picky husband loves this salad.
Jan 11, 2012
I made this salad for a buffet dinner and everyone loved it. I thought I had plenty, but it was all eaten! I went exactly by the recipe, except I mistakenly bought Hidden Valley ranch "dip" mix instead of "salad dressing" mix. It was still excellent.
May 13, 2011
No comment left