Colorful Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups granola without raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a large saucepan with water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain.
- Toss cranberries with sugar, orange juice and salt; spread half of the mixture in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with half of the potatoes. Repeat layers. Dot with butter.
- Bake, covered, until cranberries are tender, about 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with granola. Bake 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 261 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 7g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 8, 2012
No comment left
Dec 13, 2011
I wanted a way to fit in cranberries to my Thanksgiving dinner but I do not like most cranberry items. This was an excellent way to get them in and flavor was liked by everyone. I would definatly make again.
Nov 20, 2010
Super easy-loved the cranberry flavor.