Colorful Beef Wraps
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 6 tablespoons fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute beef, pepper and 2 tablespoons soy sauce in 2 teaspoons oil until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Saute the onion and garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute. Stir in the red peppers, wine and remaining soy sauce; bring to a boil. Return beef to the pan; simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Spread ranch dressing over one side of each tortilla; sprinkle with lettuce, tomato and green onions. Spoon about 3/4 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 325 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 830mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 22, 2019
This was absolutely fabulous! So flavorful. Nice mix of textures and flavors. My whole family loved this! It was quick and easy to make, too.
Mar 6, 2013
This was delicious. My husband and I enjoyed this wrap. I made homemade soup and this as a sandwich on the side. Will definitely make this again.
Feb 17, 2012
My whole family enjoyed these! Very good!
May 18, 2010
These are restaurant quality. I used caesar salad dressing because that's what I had in the house, and I don't think I noticed a difference. They are super quick to make. They reminded me of soft tacos but this recipe had less sodium than the taco sauce I usually use, and I think these tasted far better. Will be making this recipe many more times to come. Thanks for sharing!
May 4, 2007
No comment left
Jul 9, 2006
No comment left